Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Suzanne Webb, MP for Stourbridge
Salary: According to IPSA payscales, dependent on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
Suzanne Webb, Member of Parliament for Stourbridge, is looking for an energetic, affable and capable member of staff to join her constituency office team. This is either on a full-time or part-time basis.
The ideal candidate will be intelligent, considerate, and eager to help Suzanne and her team with the important work they do for Stourbridge. You will be interested in politics and current affairs and have a positive, pragmatic attitude about delivering good outcomes for the people of Stourbridge.
You will be excited about working as part of a small team and be able to competently manage your own caseload. Previous experience dealing with casework, or within a political environment, would be an advantage but is not a requirement. Knowledge of the local area is favourable but not essential. We will also look favourably upon demonstrable digital and design skills, as well as a head for social media.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing, tracking, and resolving a share of casework.
- Progressing campaigns on local casework issues.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries; providing information, advice, and support to constituents on a broad range of issues.
- Drafting letters and emails and maintaining detailed case records.
- Attending advice surgeries and other meetings with Suzanne as required.
The successful candidate must:
- Have proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to prioritise tasks and work independently.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and be a capable letter writer.
- Be highly organised, punctual and committed.
- Be able to work in a sensitive and confidential manner.
- Be sympathetic to the aims and goals of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 May 2021
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and an appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable applicant is found. Candidates will also be set a short written task.
Please send a CV and covering letter describing why you feel you are the right candidate to join Suzanne’s team to email@example.com